Jack Grapes Method Writing Level One/Two (combined)
Tuition: $300 ( eight session class taught via ZOOM)
Instructor: Charles Kruger
Schedule: Saturdays, 6/25/22 through 08/20/22 – 11a.m to 1p.m. PST (Note: There will be no class on 8/6/2022.)
Click “Buy Now” to enroll via PayPal.
For withdrawls and refund policy. click here.
Level I Students: Jack Grapes’ Method Writing: The First Four Concepts
Level II Students: Jack Grape’ Adanced Method Writing
“Method Writing” is a carefully arranged, leveled teaching curriculum
designed by famed Los Angeles writing teacher, Jack Grapes, to help
writers develop a reliable and consistent technique that:
• eliminates reliance on inspiration – no more writer’s block!
• focuses on tonal dynamics and the writer’s deep voice
• systematically trains writers to create cinematic scenes
• reliably guides writers to their own themes
• teaches writers to allow story to emerge from an
exploration of themes rather than artificial construction.
Method Writing techniques are applicable to all genres of writing: poetry,
memoir, fiction, essays and opinion pieces, book reviews, theatre reviews,
TV and cinema, plays, even recipes.
Who Can Benefit?
• creative individuals who have dreamed of “being a writer” but
need help in developing a consistent practice.
• anybody who has to create written product as part of their job.
• visual and performing artists who would like to expand their
• writers who whish to deepen their practice.
• hobbyists looking for a creative outlet.
• writing instructors who wish to expand their
• younger writers just starting to explore their creativity
(teens are welcome!).
Level One students students will develop a writing
process that can reliably help them to:
• eliminate, forever, the bugaboo of so-called “writer’s block”.
• quickly, and efficiently, activate the “deep voice”—the intimate tone that
forms a relationship with the reader, as if they were whispering in the
• generate images and metaphors that surprise and delight.
Level 2 Writers will continue to develop their practice, with an additional focus on
developing their mastery of additional voices (or tones):
• Straight Talk
• Lost World
• To Be Read & Sung
• Absence of Field
No class can turn you into a writer. That has to come from your heart.
But I can show you the tools to practice that will gradually lead you to become
the writer you long to be or enrich the work of the writer you already are.